Windows could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings:
Every OS has some kind of problems and same goes for Windows 10; and speaking of problems some users are experiencing proxy problems in Windows 10. According to users they are getting “Windows could not automatically detect network’s proxy settings” message, and if you’re having similar problem feel free to have a look at our solutions.
How to take care of Proxy problems in Windows 10?
There are many proxy-related issues that can occur, and in this article we’re going to cover the following problems:
- Windows 10 can’t discover proxy settings – is} a typical variation of this error and it can be simply fixed by using one amongst our solutions.
- Windows couldn’t automatically detect proxy server – generally you may get a message saying that Windows can’t discover the proxy server. This issue is sometimes associated with your network configuration.
- Windows won’t save proxy settings – according to users, they’re unable to Save their proxy settings. This is a common error but you should be able to fix it with solutions from this article.
- Windows proxy settings keep Changing – this is often another common issue with proxy. According to users, their proxy settings keep changing and they are unable to configure the proxy.
- Windows ten proxy settings not saving, Changing – this is most likely one among the most annoying proxy errors that may occur. According to users, they are unable to save or change their proxy settings.
Users report that web on their computers is running terribly slow and they have issue accessing video streaming sites like YouTube, Vimeo and Netflix. As you’ll be able to see, this can be quite a problem and cause many inconveniences, but luckily for you we have few solutions available.
Solution 1 – Check your proxy server settings:
- Disable proxy server on Internet Explorer.
- Tap [Windows Logo Key + R] on the keyboard.
- When Run dialog box Appears type “inetcpl.cpl” and tap Enter.
- Click Connections tab, then click the LAN settings button.
- Check if your proxy settings are okay.
Solution 2 – Reset TCP/IP:
Tap [Windows Key Logo + X] and select Command Prompt Admin from the menu.
When CMD starts, Type netsh int IP reset resetlog.txt.
Reboot your Computer and check wheather the problem is solved.
If you’re still having problems on your laptop otherwise you merely need to avoid them for the long run, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to repair varied laptop issues, like file loss, malware and hardware failure.
Solution 3 – Uninstall your antivirus software
Using your pc without an antivirus isn’t the most effective idea, however luckily for you Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender which will defend you once you remove your antivirus package. According to some users your antivirus package like AVG 2015 may cause some problems with proxy on Windows 10, thus it’s wise to get rid of your current antivirus package.
After removing your antivirus package check if the problem is resolved. If the problem is resolved make certain to download and install other antivirus package.
In case you wish to be secure whereas browsing the web, you will need to get a full-dedicated tool to secure your network. Install now Cyberghost VPN (77% flash sale) and secure yourself. It protects your computer from attacks during browsing, masks your IP address and blocks all unwanted access.
Solution 4 – Use System Restore:
If you’re getting Windows couldn’t automatically detect Network’s Proxy Settings error message often, you might be able to fix it by performing a System Restore. According to users, this issue can occur after installing new applications or after modifying your network configuration. To fix the issue, you would like to do the following:
- Press [Windows Logo Key + S] and Enter System Restore. Select “Create a restore Point” from the listing of results.
- System Properties window will now appear. Click on System Restore button.
- When System Restore window appears, click on Next.
- Now you ought to see a listing of recent restore points. If available, check Show additional restore points option. Select the specified restore Point and Click on Next.
- Follow the directions on the screen to finish the restoration process.
After finishing the restoration, the error message should be resolved and everything will start working again. Many users reported that this Solution fixed the issue for them, so be sure to try it out.
Solution 5 – Perform an SFC scan:
According to the users, you can solve Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings simply by using Command Prompt. This issue can be caused by file corruption, and in order to fix it, you need to do the following:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator. To see how to do that, check Solution 2.
- Now enter SFC /scannow and press Enter.
- SFC scan will now start. The scanning process can take about 10-15 minutes, so don’t interrupt it.
Once the scan is finished, check if the problem still appears. If so, you might have to use DISM scan. To do that, open Command Prompt as administrator and enter DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. DISM scan will take regarding twenty minutes or more, so don’t interrupt it.
windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings
Once the DISM scan is finished, check if the issue is resolved. If you were unable to run SFC scan before, attempt running it once DISM scan. After running both scans, your issue should be resolved. Several users reported that SFC scan fixed the problem for them, so we advise you to try it out.